I have an issue about “View” button on Work Items Page. When I right click this button, there is no option to open new tab on any browser. When I inspect from browser devtools, this button call scripts not links. In this situation, how can i modify “View” button on Work Items page as being open new wab on browser? or Do you have any ideas to fix this problem?
Hello Can TASASIZ. The View control uses a scripted action rather than a normal <a href>, which is why Ctrl or middle-click doesn’t offer “open in new tab”.
One option is to use IIQ’s documented direct work-item URL:
If you want the View action itself to behave like a normal link, I’d suggest using a plugin snippet. You can scope the snippet to the Work Items page using regexPattern, get the work-item ID for each row, and either replace the View action with an <a> or add a separate “Open in new tab” link using target="_blank".
A similar plugin approach has been used to modify OOTB Work Item actions. An SSB XHTML override may also work, but it would be less upgrade-safe and may require reconciling changes after IIQ patches or upgrades.
I would first verify whether it is the work-item type. SailPoint’s direct-link documentation lists Forms, Approvals, and Request Violations as supported for this route. Other types, including manager access reviews, may need to use the desktop page instead.
@cantasasiz If you want to open workitems in different tabs just for viewing purpose that should be fine. You can go ahead with the plugin.
But in case you are expecting workitems owners to take decisions on these tabs, there is a risk that changes in tab will override the other open workitems and you may see unexpected outcomes. It is not recommended to edit same object types in multiple tabs of the same browser to avoid this risk.