I’m facing an issue with my SailPoint Virtual Appliance (VA) setup. The VA is currently allocated the CPU and memory specifications shown in the attached image, which are lower than the required specifications.
It has been more than a day since the VA was set up, but CCG has still not been installed. Currently, I can only see Charon and the VA Agent.
Could the lower CPU or memory allocation be preventing CCG from being installed, or could there be another issue causing this? Has anyone experienced a similar issue?
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hello Rahul. Your VA is below SailPoint’s current minimum: the screenshot shows 2 vCPU, 8 GB RAM and ~39 GB disk, while a local VA requires 4 processors, 16 GB RAM and 128 GB storage. I would correct that, though the sizing alone does not prove why CCG is missing. (VA requirements)
Before rebuilding, open the VA cluster and check Cluster Components to confirm Cloud Connector Gateway is enabled. It is on by default, but it can be deselected. (Deploying a VA)
If it is enabled, deploy a clean VA with the required resources, confirm outbound HTTPS 443 to the required SailPoint and AWS endpoints, especially ECR, then pair it and allow about 30 minutes for configuration to complete.
If CCG is still missing, check:
sudo docker ps -a
sudo docker images
tail -200 ~/log/charon.log
The article @MattUribe linked describes one possible cause where a reboot interrupts the post-pairing CCG image download, so I would check charon.log for that rather than assume it is the cause in your case. (CCG deployment issue article)
I also noticed from your screenshot that this is VirtualBox, which is not in SailPoint’s supported local virtualization list. I have seen a similar CCG issue in my own lab with VirtualBox, and CCG deployed successfully when I rebuilt the VA on VMware Workstation Pro. That is only a lab observation, since Workstation Pro is also not listed as a supported SailPoint platform. For a supported local deployment, use vSphere or Hyper-V. (VA requirements)
In my lab I have a VA deployed using VirtualBox with very similar specs as the screenshot in the OP. I know it’s not officially supported, but for a lab it’s sufficient. However, based on that, I did make the assumption that the VA in question is for a lab environment so I will ask - @rahulelango is this VA deployed for a lab (devrel or partner tenant) or is this for a customer environment? If it’s a customer environment, you really should deploy it using officially supported infrastructure and meet the documented minimum system requirements.
For my successfully deployed and running VA in VirtualBox, my specs look like this:
Being a lab environment, I’m not at risk if anything stops working. In a real deployment, accumulation of logs and new images could quickly eat up the remaining disk space and cause an outage.