WebService Connector Aggregation - no accounts

I’m working on a new WebService connector and the test connection is working fine but when I run the aggregation it is successful but with no accounts being pulled in. The API works fine with results in Postman. I’ve attached some screenshots showing the config and what the sample results are supposed to be.

What am I missing?




Hey Brent!

Try changing your Root Path to $.d[*]

Hope this helps!

  • Zach

Thanks Zach, I tried that just now but unfortunately, same results.

@brent_peterson Can you share the GetUserList API response here as shown in the above screenshot?

        {
         "d": [
        {
           "UserName": "admin1",
           "UserType": "2",
           "AuthenticationType":"2",
           "DomainName":"",
           "HomePhone": "",
           "MobilePhone": "",
           "City": "",
           "State": "",
           "ZipCode": "",
           "Email": "",
           "Address1": "",
           "Address2": "",
           "Comments": "",
           "Roles": ""
        },
        {
           "UserName": "User", 
           "UserType": "0",
           "AuthenticationType":"2",
           "DomainName":"",
           "HomePhone": "9876543210",
           "MobilePhone": "9876543210",
           "City": "krr",
           "State": "tn",
           "ZipCode": "639004",
           "Email": "[email protected]",
           "Address1": "krr1",
           "Address2": "krr2",
           "Comments": "comments",
           "Roles": " Role1, Role2"
        }
           }
         ]
        }

@brent_peterson, I see that your sample JSON from /api/GetUsersList is incorrect and has a parsing error at the closing brackets due to which connector is unable to parse the information. The JSON response should be corrected as below:

{
	"d": [
		{
			"UserName": "admin1",
			"UserType": "2",
			"AuthenticationType": "2",
			"DomainName": "",
			"HomePhone": "",
			"MobilePhone": "",
			"City": "",
			"State": "",
			"ZipCode": "",
			"Email": "",
			"Address1": "",
			"Address2": "",
			"Comments": "",
			"Roles": ""
		},
		{
			"UserName": "User",
			"UserType": "0",
			"AuthenticationType": "2",
			"DomainName": "",
			"HomePhone": "9876543210",
			"MobilePhone": "9876543210",
			"City": "krr",
			"State": "tn",
			"ZipCode": "639004",
			"Email": "[email protected]",
			"Address1": "krr1",
			"Address2": "krr2",
			"Comments": "comments",
			"Roles": " Role1, Role2"
		}
	]
}

And then configure the root path as $.d[*] in Account Aggregation > Response Information > Root Path

Let me know on how it goes.

Thanks,
Arshad.

1 Like

Brent,

Add the roothPath $.d[*] as they said, but allso add in the attribute mapping a DOT just before the attribute like that “.Comments”.

Best!

@Arshad good catch on that bracket error!

I am not sure if you just had a very keen eye, but I put that into JSONPath to see the error also. I just wanted to mention the tool in this post for @brent_peterson or anybody else to use when testing JSONPathing for responses.

2 Likes

Still no luck.

Thanks for the note on the sample JSON, that was off the company’s documentation page, the JSON result from Postman looks like your corrected example.

I am also facing same issue. Connector used is Web Services SaaS connector. Strange is that, it is working fine in SailPoint IdentityIQ. Informed SailPoint support, even they couldn’t find the root cause, recommended to use Web Services connector with Operation Rules to see the response in logs.

I suggest you to add After Operation Rule and see the rawResponse object and processedResponse object.

Thanks
Krish

1 Like

@MVKR7T Even I’ve noticed SaaS connectors have a lots of such issues. I’ve encountered such issues on Web Services SaaS, Workday SaaS and many others where the exact same configuration works with normal connector but not SaaS connectors.

@brent_peterson as suggested above, best would be use normal web service connector and leverage operation rules as it would be your best bet at this point.

1 Like

I’ve escalated to support and will see what they can find in the logs and if it needs to go the route of rules.

I have used WebService SaaS connector for multiple applications, It is not like it never worked. The issue is inconsistent, please do let us know once you get the response from SailPoint.

Thanks
Krish

2 Likes

Feeling a bit foolish on this one, but it turns out my base URL was not correct.