Access Request / New Request Tile or Widget on MySailPoint Home Dashboard

Hi all,

I’m looking for some input on the MySailPoint Home dashboard and whether there is a supported way to provide users with a direct entry point into Access Requests / New Access.

The goal is to have a tile or widget on the Home page that users can click to go directly to the access request experience, ideally the New Access / Request Center page.

I’ve reviewed the recent Managed Defaults / dashboard enhancements and understand that admins can configure available tiles and widgets on the Home page. I also see the built-in Pending Requests functionality, but I have not found clear documentation confirming whether there is a built-in tile for starting a new access request or whether a custom tile can be created with a direct link to Request Center.

Has anyone implemented something like this?

Specifically, I’m trying to understand:

  • Is there a built-in Request Access / New Access / Request Center tile available in the Home dashboard?
  • Can admins create a custom action tile that redirects users to the Request Center or New Access page?
  • Is this capability dependent on any specific ISC license/module?
  • If a direct tile is not supported, what approach are others using to make Access Requests easier for end users to find?
  • Are there any roadmap items or newer dashboard features that address this?

The goal is simply to reduce the number of clicks for end users and make Access Requests more visible from the MySailPoint landing page.

Thanks in advance for any input or examples.

Welcome to the community, Mayur.

Managed Defaults can make access-related tiles more visible, but I don’t see a supported Request Access / New Access or custom URL tile that opens Request Center.

You can confirm available tiles here:

Dashboard Manager → Templates → Home Page Templates → Edit → Available Tiles

My Access is for existing access, and Pending Requests is for submitted requests. New requests are started from Request Center.

If no Request Center tile is available, the practical workaround is to add a direct Request Center link in your IdP or internal portal.

Hey Harish,

Thanks for the reply, I did see this lack of option when customizing the dashboard. Have there been any talks about adding more tiles and such for the dashboard. If I reach out to support will they accommodate mu client in having this as a custom implementation or any good workaround on this other than giving a more extensive KT to the end users?

Thanks,

Mayur Suresh

Hello Mayur. I could not find any published commitment for a Request Center / New Access tile.

You can confirm with Support, but there is no documented custom action-tile option today, so I would submit this as an enhancement through the SailPoint Ideas Portal rather than expect a tenant-specific customization.

For now, I would use a direct Request Center link in your IdP or internal portal. If you already use SailPoint for Microsoft Teams, users can also start requests from My Requests → New Request.

That is really unfortunate. Thanks for getting back to me.