I’m trying to set the default value for a Date field and a toggle field. My uses case is a form is completed by a manager and then a second form (similar to the 1st) is sent to a HR rep to review and update some of the items. So I need to pre-populate the second form with some of the dates and toggles that were chosen on the first form.
Update: Nevermind, the patch operation is only allowed for some attributes…which doesn’t seem to be documented. The other thing I noticed is that Form Effect doesn’t show Date fields in the Element dropdown. Is this a Bug or a [Lack of] Feature?
…because with that, you now have pushed the date (or whatever other values you have) into the form instance. You can then have another workflow to get that form instance, and shift date value into the needed field as the ‘default’ value static text with the form instance patch operation:
Depends on ‘when’ the user is expected to see the form, this may / may not help you though.