REST API -- Launch Workflow

Hi team,

I am using REST API to launch workflow as below.

http://abc.com/identityiq/rest/workflows/TestWorkflow/launch

Actually, we are getting response in JSON format for 200 Success.

And we are getting response in Text format for Error(401,403,405..etc)

How we can modify this text response in JSON format.

Any suggestions, please suggest.

@Venkatesh0510

Please follow this to verify if you are sending the correct Body to the API:

launch-workflow | SailPoint Developer Community

For your info, i am using REST api not SCIM API

I need modify launch workflow response in JSON when authorization failed.

Please check this link. might be helpful

create-external-execute-workflow | SailPoint Developer Community

Hi Mandar,

Thanks for the response. I don’t think it will work.

I am using default OOTB REST API of sailpoint IIQ.

I need to change the response text format to JSON when it is throwing error like 401, 403

Hi @Mandar,
Fyi.

This Content-Type as mentioned in the screenshot below that i need to change it to application/json format

Hi @Venkatesh0510 ,

Thank you for highlighting this

@Venkatesh0510 Is it possible for you to extract and share the request and response for both cases(success/error)?

@neel193 please find the screenshots below.

@Venkatesh0510 Authentication is intercepted at the security layer before even reaching to IIQ’s rest resource. That’s why response is always test, however if any error is returned through the resource, that should be in json.

Are you seeing this behavior specifically on 401s, or does it also happen on other errors within your workflow ?