Patch Features for Source - 400.1 Bad request content

Trying to do a patch on the features for a source and getting 400.1 Bad request content, “The request was syntactically correct but its content is semantically invalid.”

The request body looks like this:
{
“operations”: [
{
“op”: “replace”,
“path”: “/features”,
“value”: [“ENABLE”,“UNLOCK”,“SEARCH”,“MANAGER_LOOKUP”,“CURRENT_PASSWORD”,“GROUPS_HAVE_MEMBERS”,“PASSWORD”,“AUTHENTICATE”,“UNSTRUCTURED_TARGETS”]
}
]
}

I’ve also tried the path as /features/ and /features/- Neither of those worked either. I do have the content type set correctly as “application/json-patch+json” per the documentation.

Does anyone know what I might be missing here?

Hi,

Please try the PATCH {{api-url}}/beta/sources/{{source-id}} with this body:

[
    {
        "op": "replace",
        "path": "/features",
        "value": ["ENABLE","UNLOCK","SEARCH","MANAGER_LOOKUP","CURRENT_PASSWORD","GROUPS_HAVE_MEMBERS","PASSWORD","AUTHENTICATE","UNSTRUCTURED_TARGETS"]
    }
]

Thanks,
Lisa Ivy

Thank you Lisa! The API docs made it appear that the “operations” portion of the body was required as well. This worked!

@mankelat,

I’m sorry for the incorrect example in the spec. I’m going to get that fixed so future developers don’t have this issue. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

thank you for this thread, was struggling with this exact thing yesterday