In Discovery: New Connector for VerityStream

Business Problem

There isn’t an out-of-the-box connector available for integrating SailPoint with VerityStream by HealthStream. This is a need we have heard from a few of our customers. Additionally, credentialing systems are a key focus area for us as we continue to provide connectivity solutions for the Healthcare vertical.

Sound Familiar?

If this is a problem that impacts your organization, use our Ideas Portal to cast your vote for this Idea. Here you can view currently submitted ideas, add comments for your specific use cases around this problem, and vote!.
Idea: GOV-I-3082 - New Connector for VerityStream

How You Can Help

We are continuing to validate our understanding of the problem space and solution. In addition, we are conducting research calls focused on validating our designed solution, better understanding the desired user experience, and ensuring we hit the most common customer use cases.

Our Product Management team would love to hear from you! Here’s how:

  • Voice your thoughts, questions, comments, and concerns right here in this topic.
  • Vote on the idea linked above.
  • or schedule a call if you feel the need to discuss this topic in private, and provide insights specific to your business problem and use cases. If you don’t see a calendar opening that aligns with your availability, feel free to send me a direct email.
1 Like

I’d like to share general thoughts \ observations on this topic (not pertaining specifically to VerityStream, but relevant to the general charter for new integrations).

I think time-to-implement is a factor, but in a broader sense, Sailpoint could greatly benefit from developing a charter to efficiently employ new connectors. This would offer a more comprehensive portfolio of connectors that span across various industries. In general, the Sailpoint connector catalogue offers a narrow scope for out-of-box integrations. To illustrate this point, I’ve broken down the following integration types:

  1. Direct Sources: These connectors provide interfaces for reading user account data and provisioning changes to target systems and applications​​.

  2. Service Desk Integrations: These allow users to raise, track, and close service desk tickets within SailPoint’s platform​​.

  3. Collaboration Integrations: These enable requests to be submitted directly from the source application to IdentityNow​​.

  4. SaaS Connectors: A significant portion of the catalogue consists of SaaS connectors, including major platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Atlassian Suite, Google Workspace, and Microsoft Dynamics 365, as well as various other enterprise and cloud services​​​​​​​​.

The range in this catalogue demonstrates a mix of legacy enterprise services and integrations with common industry leaders, supporting the claim that the catalogue primarily consists of such connectors. While the catalogue covers a diverse range of services, there’s an implied lack of connectors specifically tailored to certain industry needs outside of these general categories.

To add some perspective to our use-case and our implementation, the catalogue covers roughly 10% of our integrations whereas the other 90% comprise of Delimited, ETL \ Database (readonly) connectors, or Webservices (Custom).

The limited catalogue ultimately detracts from the utility of IdentityNow as there is a known and quantifiable opportunity with SaaS services who support user-management API’s and\or SCIM. For example, here is a list of common tools shared among tech companies that meet the integration requirements for connector automation:

  • 1Password
  • Adobe
  • Asana
  • Cyral
  • Datadog
  • Docker
  • Domo
  • Envoy
  • Figma
  • Greenhouse
  • Guru
  • Kustomer
  • Lattice
  • Lessonly
  • Looker
  • Marketo
  • Meraki
  • NewRelic
  • Playvox
  • Ring Central
  • Segment
  • Smartsheets
  • Trello

Each of the services above offer user management API’s and the implication here is that each Sailpoint customer would have to solution for themselves, create a WebServices connector, compile each of the necessary HTTP operations along with any before or after rules in JAVA, test, deploy, and maintain each integration. There is a high barrier of entry for development in this space and customers. Offering this list in particular may prove invaluable for early sales as the badges \ labels would stand out to most customers in the tech industry. I’m confident there’s others which I have not been privy to, but I hope this adequately illustrates my point.


FYI, this email was flagged by our own internal Proofpoint system as spam. I have recently signed up for notifications of new posts in the API deprecation forum, which resulted in many additional emails, but I’m not aware of any of those being blocked. Not sure if it had anything to do with this, but I thought I’d let you know.

1 Like

Thank you Kaveh, I will look into it.

1 Like