I have used the IdentityNow Bulk AccessProfile and Role Importer in the past but currently facing a certificate error.
This error has been called out as a common error in the README file with the below resolution. We’ve tried exactly the same steps but face the same error after the last step.
OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError (SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=error: certificate verify failed (unable to get local issuer certificate))
A common error observed on Window:
If while running script on Windows environment you see following kind of error
SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=error: certificate verify failed
Please take following Steps to get rid of this error:
- Download https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem into C:\railsinstaller\cacert.pem. Make sure you save it as a .pem file, rather than a text file.
- Go to your Computer → Advanced Settings → Environment Variables
- Create a new System Variable:
Variable: SSL_CERT_FILE Value: C:\RailsInstaller\cacert.pem
4. Close all your command prompts, including your Rails server command prompt, etc.
5. Start a new ruby irb prompt, and try the following:
It should all work now just fine.
Has anyone faced and overcome this issue?